Monday, June 12, 2006

Gap in the Silence

Download Festival 2006...

My camera died but MAN I had a good time. Its all too easy with waterpistols and cold beer to entice and tease people with... Oh and we had a guy dressed as Mr T with us too.

As for the bands. Holy crap.

Soulfly were simply stunning as ever, renditions of my favorite songs pretty much and we even got a rendition of Sepultura's "Roots"!!!! Tool nearly sent me to sleep but are excellent musicians, would have been better joining the stoners on the hill for this one I guess though. Soil sounded good and were very watchable, but they basically have one song... highlight was Jada Pinket Smiths appearance for a few growls. Thats a woman right there.

Saturday, Trivium, Korn and Metallica. What more needs to be said? Metallica played the entire Master of Puppets album and ran long. What a show. Jonathan Davis was apparently taken ill so we got the lead singers of other bands including skindred, trivium and slipknots corey taylor. It was quite impressive although there was a weird man in a bunny suit bouncing around on stage. The rumour is that was Davis and he was either drunk or they're trying to top lasts years "Lars is ill" talking point.

Sunday. I'll start by saying Guns and Roses SUCK, I never liked them much and they pleased all the people who turned up to see them. I thought they sounded poor though. Dragonforce and In Flames were phenomenal live, especially the latter. An excellent performance and they won themselves some fans with that show.

Other highlights include shooting pedestrians in Long Eaton with supersoakers from my sunroof. Daily Breakfasts at Asda. An excellent shopping area on the campsite. The general banter between the people I was stayin with. "Matt yeah, did you enjoy; SHUT UP!" "Fuckins Maaah", playing football in 30 degree heat and "A brews a brew!"

0 comments: