Saturday, December 26, 2009

Some Thoughts this Winter

  • The Boxing Day sales have arrived, and I'm yet to see anything that could be described as a bargain. What happened to the credit crunch?
  • The new Calvin Harris Album is excellent
  • Why is it no matter how much you earn, it's never enough. When does that turn around?
  • I finally got my Dad from IE7 / Outlook Express to Chrome / Thunderbird
  • Thought about moving to Gmail myself to cloudsource myself... can't see the benefit yet though
  • Tom Davenport will run the Wiltshire massive one day, and is more geeky than I am
  • It's nearly 2010, we're 10 years into the future, and 5 years from hover skateboards

This has been said before, but it bares recording here. Google will soon have their own Phone, running their own Phone OS, with their own Voice over IP application. So in effect, if I bought a google phone, all I need a network for is a data plan. This means 02 and Vodafone are in serious danger of becoming a commodity provider. Why in the world described above would I want to buy an Apple Phone to pay for my voice calls & pay for data on top?
blog comments powered by Disqus