Friday, April 28, 2006

When things just work...

Remember that Honda advert? With all the screws and car parts coming together like some crazy Mouse Trap contraption? I loved it because there was so much happening, it was so intricate yet so very elegant and simple. The best things in life appear to have this duality to them. The greatest songs have a supra-conscious effect on you, and yet probably a very simple and effective hook that just sounds good. The most fun in life usually comes from the simplest most playful activities yet we give them the most meaning when we look back at them.

My social life is like this lately. I can see the intricate details behind how everything works, its like seeing the code behind the matrix. I love the detail of it all, yet at the same time my emotional reaction is the real kicker. The FEELING of social ability and fun is one of the greatest things in life. The ability to have people come to you because you are the fun person and they are drawn to you like a magnet is something I didn't always have. I am absolutely reveling in this discovery. Last night was a classic example, me and my man Tom were easily the coolest guys in the place it all seemed too easy. I love being alive, and know everything will fall into place for me.

0 comments: