Sunday, May 07, 2006

When belief becomes reality

It's long been my opinion that for some reason everything I wish for will come to me, it will just take a while and frustrate the baked beans out of me in the process. We have all been there, stuck in the middle of a life change, a work change, a sex change... We know it has to be done, we believe in it with all our heart yet the time it takes throws doubt at us.

Yet despite this you keep your head down, you keep going, because YOU BELIEVE. You have the DESIRE and definite purpose. You know that above all things it would be a crime to give up. A day off is a mistake, quitting full time is a travesty. Never quit, acknowledge failures and move on to the next effort. Failure cannot possibly compete with persistence. Persistence will always win out by its very nature. Last night the months of practice and almost achievement, half victories and nearly examples became a cast iron victory. My new social skill set treated me to a wonderful night and worked an absolute charm. My social observations showed me everything I was doing was working, and even though my hair was ruined (something that has made me go home in the past and quit), I ended up getting the phone number of an extremely attractive hard to talk to girl... Who of course turned out to be really sweet when you get to know her. Never underestimate the power of the backturn.

Last night was so much fun, I had great people, a great city and great times. I have a new website idea and an incredible design that I'm very proud of. There is no option, I will be an amazing success because I BELIEVE.

0 comments: