Monday, January 19, 2009

Got it

Those of you who know me well, will know instantly (or within a second or two in Ryans case) what this means. Looking back on it, this mornings post sums up more or less how I feel right now. On the most gloomy day of the year, in the worst economy in nearly a century... I got the job I wanted & a significant salary bump.

Thanks to everyone who believed in me. To all those who knew I could, and would secure something. You are the people that make life worth living.... To the insecure ones who question every decision I ever make. Go fuck yourselves.

It's when you're down, you see who sticks with you. Luckily a few have with me. First and foremost is Cat, my little catastrophe. Believed in me from day 1, the definition of a great friend & quite possibly the reason why I succeeded. Cat was the one who insisted I leave BT, and really made the choice clear to me. That decision has been amazing for me.

Of course I gotta mention my Mum, who believes in everything I do, Scott the very picture of consistency and reliability. The world can learn from these two, how to be chilled out and not over analyse everything. My dog Aggy, who knows all my secrets & is an inspiration to me. The greeting Aggy gives you is the highlight of any week.

Heather, my career coach, mentor and friend has a way of getting through to me that is both brilliant and succinct. It's nice to be reminded that I can take on good advice so long as its delivered well :). Having someone genuinely talented, whom I respect to believe in me and give me back my confidence & self belief has been the key to getting back where I was. Thanks Heather, for reminding me that yes I am very capable & yes I can and will be a massive success.

Too many people try to convince you that you (me) won't be when they hear your self belief. To quote Simon Cowell. Don't listen to people unless what they say proves itself. There are too many to mention that I'd like to add here. Today is a good day

0 comments: